PENDAHULUAN6TH WOMEN SPORTS CARNIVAL, 13 APRIL 2013 Organised by Malaysian Masters Athletic Association
Malaysian Masters Athletic Association (MMAA) has successfully organized the Women Sports Carniva,l on the 13 April 2013 (Saturday) for the 6th year in the Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Bahasa Melayu, Lembah Pantai, Kuala Lumpur (IPG KBM). The programme was organised with the cooperation of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia, Teachers Training Institute of Malaysia and IPG KBM. It involved about 600 women some of them came from as far as Kedah, Penang, Ipoh, Johor, Terengganu, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka and Sabah. Their age ranged from the college students of 19 years to women athletes of 76 years old.
This programme is MMAA’s contribution to the wellbeing of women in our country. The main objectives are to promote healthy lifestyle and to involve women in fun activities /competitions for the well being of athletes and non-athletes. This programme consisted of the following:
- 'Participation of Women in the Olympic Games’ – by Senior Physical Education Lecturer from Teachers Training Institute , Ms. R. Kalaivalli.
- 'The problems of women’s diseases and how to avoid such diseases’ – Senior O & G Consultant.
- Fashion show by the women teacher trainees and Masters athletes ( 45 participants)
- Fancy Dress Football competition for women (15 teams participated in the fun game and the best three dressed teams were chosen as the winners)
- Master Athletes Incentive Recognition – for winners of the 17th Asia Masters Athletics Championships, dated 2 – 7th November 2012 in Taipei, Taiwan. 24 master athletes won medals and receive their incentive recognition of cash, certificate and trophy.
- Awards of Excellence given to:
- -Sports women from the Malaysian Teachers’ Training Colleges (11 individuals).
- -Selected Women Sports Officials and Athletes named as follows:
- 1Ms R.S. Selvee – Federal Territory Amateur Athletic Association - 43 yrs. of service as Level 1 IAAF Technical Official.
- 2. Cik Hajah Norminshah Sabirin – former Deputy KSU- KBS, Founder and former President of Malaysia Netball Association, former VP of Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM), Chef de Mission of Malaysian Contingent to the Vietnam 2003 SEA Games.
- Ms. Moira Tan Siew See – Hon. Assistant Secretary of Olympic Council of Malaysia and of Malaysian Fencing Federation, Programme Director of Advanced Sports Management Course of the IOC, Chef de Mission of Malaysian Contingent of the Haiyang 3rd Asian Beach Games.
In attendance for the Women Sports Carnival on the 13 April 2013 were the following:
1. Mrs. Siti Aishah bt. Yahaya, Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia (VIP)
2. YBhg Dato’ Hj Abdullah bin Hj. Mohd Dom, President Malaysian Masters Athletic Association.
3. Mr. S. Sivapragasam (Hon. Secretary of MMAA) , the Chairman of the organising committee
4. Dr. Lee Boon Hua, Timbalan Rektor Institut Pendidikan Guru Malaysia.
5. Mrs. Hajah Latifah bt. Mahamud, Director, Students Affairs Sector, Institut Pendidikan Guru Malaysia
6. YBhg Datin Siti Hanifah bt. Madarsa, Director, IPG Kampus Bahasa Melayu.
7. Organising secretary, Ms. R. Kalaivalli from IPG Kampus Bahasa Melayu.